Re: [Hammock Camping] australian heritage fleet hammock

  • zippydooda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dave Bellinski

      ****Wow, really strong. Kind of heavy...

      > Instead of rope edges, I was considering using 1" poly straps that
      would
      > allow zig-zag stitching and bar tacking.
      ****Sounds good to me. I think that your ability to attach the side
      ropes or webbing to the body fabric without creating highly stressed
      spots will be the determining factor in how thin you can go on the
      body material. Zig-zag sounds good, bartacks, maybe not.

      > I also thought of adding a bottom layer of 1.1 ripstop, to hold a
      pad.
      ****Definitely.

      ****I think that it will end up being pretty heavy and overly
      strong. But, if you ever do have to carry a dolphin in it...

      ****Bill in Houston

      is