Re: [Hammock Camping] 1,000 Hammock Campers!

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
      Your idea to create this list and your book have done more to increase
      the understanding of the use of hammocks than any other contribution.
      Thank You!

      Risk
      (Rick Allnutt)

      Ed Speer wrote:

      > Did you notice? Our Hammock Camping-L has surpassed the 1,000
      > mark! Yep, we now have 1,044 members online sharing and exchanging
      > ideas! I started this List in late 2002 and couldn't be more
      > pleased with the response. ....

    • jonas4321
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
        Ed-

        Whenever I find myself on my "gotta try hammock camping" soapbox, my
        automatic top 2 recommendations are:

        1) Join the HammockCamping group on Yahoo;

        2) Buy Ed's book.

        Thank you for your efforts in both of these, which have sparked an
        incredible sharing of experiences and ideas that benefit us all.

        What I find most remarkable is how NICE the people that post on this
        group are, even with all the competing technologies and vendors. I see
        all kinds of nonsensical chest-beating on so many other groups, and
        this one has NONE of that. I think it's a result of the tone you set,
        so I'll thank you for that too.

        Jonas

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
          Thanks for the kind words Jonas. I’d like to think that hammocks just bring
          out the best in everyone…..OK, maybe I’m not that naïve! Maybe it’s just
          that we’ve all been fortunate to learn a great secret and we just can’t
          resist telling others! It certainly is fun—let’s keep it that way….Ed

          Moderator, Hammock Camping List

          Editor, Hammock Camping News

          Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

          _____

          Whenever I find myself on my "gotta try hammock camping" soapbox, my
          automatic top 2 recommendations are:

          1) Join the HammockCamping group on Yahoo;

          2) Buy Ed's book.

          Thank you for your efforts in both of these, which have sparked an
          incredible sharing of experiences and ideas that benefit us all.

          What I find most remarkable is how NICE the people that post on this
          group are, even with all the competing technologies and vendors. I see
          all kinds of nonsensical chest-beating on so many other groups, and
          this one has NONE of that. I think it's a result of the tone you set,
          so I'll thank you for that too.

          Jonas

          > Did you notice? Our Hammock Camping-L has surpassed the 1,000
          > mark! Yep, we now have 1,044 members online sharing and exchanging
          > ideas! I started this List in late 2002 and couldn't be more
          > pleased with the response.

          _____

        • Ralph Oborn
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
            > Thanks for the kind words Jonas. I'd like to think that hammocks just bring
            > out the best in everyone….Ed

            Nope, hammocks just bring out the best people.....

            Ralph