Fabric alert

  • Jim Greenway
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2005
      I found 8 yards of a ~1.3 oz no-silicone nylon ripstop and 12 yards of a
      heavier (roughly HH OEM tarp weight) nylon ripstop at the Walmart in East
      Ridge (Chattanooga) Tn. today. This fabric was in the $1/yard bargain bin.
      What was interesting was that all of the fabric was in a woodland camouflage
      pattern. The light fabric is identical to that used in the military "poncho
      liner". Perhaps the manufacturers are getting rid of the old woodland camo
      pattern now that the Army and Marine Corps are going to that "MARPAT"
      (MARine PATtern camouflage) pattern. Anyhow, others might want to check out
      their own WallyWorlds to see if there was a bigger dump of this stuff,
      whether in WC or a solid color, elsewhere. Jim

    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Greenway"
        <mtnpathfinder@m...> wrote:
        > What was interesting was that all of the fabric was in a woodland
        camouflage
        > pattern.

        I've seen desert camo in two Walmart bargain bins now. Not coated or
        ripstop...just regular old nylon. And some woodland camo bug netting.

        This weekend I picked up ~15 yards of "army green" ripstop, probably
        1.9oz, and ~5 yards of gray DWR. All of the DWR I've found in Walmart
        (3 times now, in different states) has been the same gray color! The
        only silnylon is a baby blue color...not a big fan, but it's good for
        prototyping. All kinds of RN in different colors, though.
      • Mike Lipay
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2005
          >> What was interesting was that all of the fabric was in a woodland
          >>
          > camouflage
          >
          >> pattern.
          >>

          > I've seen desert camo in two Walmart bargain bins now. Not coated or
          > ripstop...just regular old nylon. And some woodland camo bug netting.
          >
          > This weekend I picked up ~15 yards of "army green" ripstop, probably
          > 1.9oz, and ~5 yards of gray DWR. All of the DWR I've found in Walmart
          > (3 times now, in different states) has been the same gray color! The
          > only silnylon is a baby blue color...not a big fan, but it's good for
          > prototyping. All kinds of RN in different colors, though.

          Can't help thinking...

          hanging in the air
          hammock made of camo
          sleeping in the middle of the night