Re: [Hammock Camping] Laying slightly off the center line?

  • Edley McKnight
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2005
      Hammock Patents

      Hi,

      I've been looking at some of the patents on hammocks on
      http://164.195.100.11/netahtml/search-bool.html
      which is the full USA Patent site.
      In order to see the full patents, an TIFF image viewer is needed.
      A free one is available at
      http://www.alternatiff.com/
      It is plug in for the browser.

      When I put in for the two keywords Hammock and Hennessy I found a
      number of them. One early one tells how to make the autoclosing
      bottom entry and how to fold the standard unit. One later one gives
      quite a bit of detail on the Asymmetrical configuration. It appears
      that the best asym is tuned for the individual person. Apparantly
      just making a long and wide hammock would do for comfort, but to
      reduce the weight, you have to get sneaky.

      I've not built any hammocks so complex as yet, and most likely will
      buy one, but it helps me to understand how they are made.

      Maybe this will help some of you experimenting with variations.

      Edley.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "neuronboy2" <daveallison@b...>