Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Ossel hitch, pics of my hammock

  • PennyBright
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2005
      Goodness! That's quite a site, isn't it, Pam? I'd found it when I tried to
      find a page for the knot to share, but hadn't ventured to poke through it to
      find the knot.

      I have a free floating bug net that I am taking this trip -- I am not sure
      if I will need to use it, but if I do, I plan to take a note from
      Risk's QuarterWeight
      hammock <http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultraquarterweight.htm>, and knot
      some quarters into the corners for weights, then anchor the center to the
      hammock lines with some nylon cord. I need to carry some quarters anyways,
      in case of emergency phone calls, so I might as well put them to work. I'll
      let you know how it works out!
      Edley, it is a neat little hitch! I've found I'm using it a lot now that
      I've learned it. That pdf you found is great - maybe you could post it to
      the documents section of the group?
      Thanks for the good wishes! I'll post a trip report on monday or tuesday.
      Anna

      --
      http://long_trails.blogspot.com/