Re: Ed- have you ever made end caps for the tarp?

    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2005
      Jamie,

      I believe the dimensions for Chet's is 9' long by 11' wide, while mine
      are 10.8'x10.5' and 10.8'x8', respectively.

      Dave

      > Dave,
      > What are the dimensions of your tarps in these pics?
      >
      > Jamie in AZ
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble" <dpwomble@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Just some food for thought, as I have not tried what you asked.
      Some
      > > folks have tried to solve similar problems with their tarps.
      > > Basically you start with a large tarp and then configure in so that
      > it
      > > better protects you from the elements. Chet posted this photo of
      > his:
      > > http://tinyurl.com/cw8em and I posted these of the two tarp sizes I
      > > have used: http://tinyurl.com/75pzy and http://tinyurl.com/95exs .
      > >
      > > Youngblood

    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2005
        Thank you. I am still using the HH stock tarp (without problem so
        far) but have put some thought into larger tarps as a solution for
        longer trips, and those I take with my dog. Something like what you
        and Chet have created I think would really work nicely to give my dog
        more protection from the elements and make her feel more secure.

        jamie d