RE: [Hammock Camping] Speer Hammock and Velcro

    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2005
      Jeff, I use a normal straight stitch for the hook & loop fasteners. The
      only problem seen so far is occasionally the different stretch of the Velcro
      & the hammock fabric can cause undue stress at the stitching at the ends of
      the Velcro. Yes the Velcro is ¾” wide and the ¾” long stitch across the
      ends of the Velcro can be stressed and can cause hammock fabric to rip at
      this point. That’s why I make the Velcro long enough to extend well into
      the end knots themselves—problem solved. Otherwise, there’s been no other
      problems…..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc