RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: 1.1 oz silicon nylon for body?

    Message 1 of 5 , May 18 6:11 AM
      Todd, great question! But its buyer beware! Since Lamport (and many
      others) sell seconds, some rolls of breathable 1.1 ripstop may have DWR
      while others will not. Lamports's seconds mostly come from production
      over-runs of first quality from various manufacturing mills; some seconds
      are actually seconds that don't meet the standards & higher prices of first
      quality. However, most seconds are fine for our uses since we don't care if
      the fabric has some color spots or the roll itself is wound wrong. Note
      that overruns are often not labeled fully and the DWR notation may be
      missing. If you ask the salesperson (at Lamport or elsewhere) they often
      just say yes. But all is not lost-you can add DWR yourself! Use a spray
      can from an outfitter store ($7-$10). The final answer is "go for it."
      Hope this helps..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc