Re: Seuss: Pack Cover Gear Hammock

  • seuss910
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2005
      Yeah! Something like that! That oughta work. And your son gets his
      hammock back. It's even an inconspicuous color - if you're hiking in
      Colorado Springs. You might want to use some kind of
      snaps/velcro/eyelet and a piece of line or webbing go around middle
      of the pack - keep it more secure in the wind or while bushwhacking.
      I've never had much problem with water running backwards down the
      shoulder straps and pooling in the cover, but I've always used a more
      shaped cover. If you do get water accumulation, run a length of
      surgical tubing back there and treat it like an autofilling hydration