Ideas for pad/insulator

  • Tom Palmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24 8:43 PM
      Hi all,
      I am a new Hennessy hammock owner and am very excited about the
      prospect of not sleeping on the ground. I was out playing with the
      hammock today to figure out an insulator system. After reading almost
      every post on pads and insulators I bought a target pad and didn't
      like it particularly inside. I am now thinking of trying a hybrid
      system that has an insulator on the outside under my hips, torso, and
      head. The idea is to keep most of the insulation outside so its not
      compressed by me and not in the way of the bottom slit. For my legs I
      may use a cut down wool blanket or maybe a windsheild reflector with
      my sleeping bag zipped as high as necessary for my legs, by mosty
      used as a quilt. It was 60+ today in Michigan so I couldn't test the
      warmth at all. I can see a lot of tinkering in the near future to get
      the system down. Sorry for the long post, thanks for a nice group.

      Palmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25 5:35 AM
        Message
        Welcome Tom.  As you know we all think a night in a hammock is better than an night on the ground--I'm sure you will soon agree...Ed