Hammock camping on the way to Bahrain

  • geoflyfisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2003
      I've been off delivering stuff and Marines all over the Med this last
      week with a C141 aircrew.

      I was the envy of the loadmaster corps when I rolled out my little
      bundle of a hammock and attached it to the walls of the C141. Talk
      about comfortable!

      There is a special knot which holds well and comes untied easily for
      this purpose. (Instructions for 1 inch webbing like the Speer
      Hammock) Take a loop through the attachment point D ring on the wall
      of the aircraft. Bring a good 18 inches through. Make a single
      figure eight knot, and leave a loop out at the end to pull the knot
      out. It ties up in about a minute and comes down in just a few
      seconds. I used this about a dozen times over the week as we had
      several long crew duty days and only 4 nights in hotels for the week.

      For a picture of the hammock, see:

      http://www.flyfisher-kayaks.com/ultralite/hammockc141.jpg

      <><
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2003
        Message
        Now that's a great use of a hammock!  Mind if I link to your picture on my web site?  ...Ed

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2003
          Feel free. I will be putting it out on my site soon as well.

          > Now that's a great use of a hammock! Mind if I link to your
          picture on
          > my web site? ...Ed

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=17
          05