Re: [Hammock Camping] Anyone use a hammock in a chickee?

    Message 1 of 7 , May 11, 2005
      David Chinell wrote:

      > Scot:
      >

      > 3. Put your pack inside a trash bag underneath your hammock.
      > Handy to get at, and stays dry.

      I usually do one modification of Bear's suggestion. My pack has a
      waterproof lining bag. (silnylon) I just put the bag on the ground
      under my head with the bag open and no food in it. My shoes are right
      where my feet will be expecting them in the middle of the night.

      If it rains, I put the shoes in the top of the waterproof lining and
      fold it shut.

      This has worked on the southern AT. In porcupine country further north,
      I would find a way to hang both so the critters did not chew up my shoes.