Re: Hammock, Poncho liner, poncho

  • geoflyfisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24 12:27 PM
      Hi David,

      I tried doing this in 32 degree weather, and it was much colder than
      keeping the pad inside and in direct contact. It might be a good
      plan for 50 degree weather, but then just using the insulator alone
      (the pad alone is already proven) may work well enough at this mild
      temperature.

      Rick

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chamness, David"
      <david.chamness@e...> wrote:

      > I've been thinking about trying this out next weekend, and then I
      saw this
      > post from Bear. If I used my poncho like an Insulator, and my
      poncho liner
      > tied between as insulation, would it serve as well as a pad for
      warmth
      > underneath? I wouldn't be laying on the poncho liner, but the
      poncho should
      > keep it in light contact with my back.
      >
      > I don't really plan on any COLD weather camping, but I want to be
      realativly
      > warm on cool nights. Temps down to, say 55 degrees or so. I just
      hate what
      > a pad does to the comfort of sleeping in the hammock.
      >
      > David

      ___