Re: Hammock Camping Hennessey fly: which side goes up?

  • Amy
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 24, 2003
      On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 10:59 PM, Marge Prothman wrote:

      > I have a Hennessy A-Sym, but my fly is Silnylon and there is no right or
      > wrong side,
      > and there sure is not any sticky side. I would ask your dealer what
      > kind of
      > fly you have and I was just assuming you had a Hennessy.
      >
      > Cheers, Marge

      Oh, it's definitely a Hennessey. Got it from Rosaleen at the Ruck.
      Maybe I'll
      take one out of the bag at REI and see what it's like.

      -amy
    • Tom Palmer
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 24, 2003
        Hi Amy,

        I have an expedition and today as I was taking it down, I noticed the
        fly did have a slight stickiness to one side. My fly is symmetrical
        so I will keep the slippery side up so the pollen will stick less,
        hopefully. On your fly can you flip and rotate it to have the same
        coverage and the slippery side up?

        Palmer

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Amy <askowronek@m...> wrote:

        > I got a new A-Symm recently. The fly geometrically seems
        > to fit with the "sticky" side of the fly up. Is that normal? The
        slick
        > side is facing down toward the hammock. I guess it doesn't make
        > any difference with regard to waterproofing, but pollen is sticking
        > it.
        >
        > -amy
      • Amy
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 25, 2003
          On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 11:24 PM, Tom Palmer wrote:

          > Hi Amy,
          >
          > I have an expedition and today as I was taking it down, I noticed the
          > fly did have a slight stickiness to one side. My fly is symmetrical
          > so I will keep the slippery side up so the pollen will stick less,
          > hopefully. On your fly can you flip and rotate it to have the same
          > coverage and the slippery side up?

          Not from what I can tell, sadly.

          -amy