Re: 4oz. polyethylene walmart tarp as hammock?

  • Edley McKnight
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2005
      Hi Todd,

      I'm in much the same place, trying things to see what works. I tried
      the cheap blue tarp as hammock and found that it just kept stretching
      until it failed in about a week. I used nonstretch polypropylene rope
      so almost all the stretch was in the tarp. I found myself stretched
      down to the ground in the center one time. Of course I weigh about
      220 pounds, so that is probably a factor. I have a brown tarp of a
      similar construction and it is stretching over the last two days, so
      I'm not going further with it. I'll probably try the cheap Wallyworld
      Polyester cloth thing next. The tarp was wide enough that I could
      sleep diagonal to it and it supported under my back nice. I liked
      that part.

      Hope this helps!

      Edley.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "athiker1994" <athiker94@g...>