Hennessey fly: which side goes up?

  • Amy
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 23 3:14 PM
      I got a new A-Symm recently. The fly geometrically seems
      to fit with the "sticky" side of the fly up. Is that normal? The slick
      side is facing down toward the hammock. I guess it doesn't make
      any difference with regard to waterproofing, but pollen is sticking to
      it.

      -amy
    • Shane Steinkamp
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 23 7:42 PM
        > I got a new A-Symm recently. The fly geometrically seems
        > to fit with the "sticky" side of the fly up. Is that
        > normal? The slick side is facing down toward the hammock.
        > I guess it doesn't make any difference with regard to
        > waterproofing, but pollen is sticking to it.

        Mine is the same on both sides... ???

        Shane
      • Marge Prothman
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 23 7:59 PM
          I have a Hennessy A-Sym, but my fly is Silnylon and there is no right or
          wrong side,
          and there sure is not any sticky side. I would ask your dealer what kind of
          fly you have and I was just assuming you had a Hennessy.

          Cheers, Marge

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 24 5:17 AM
            On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 10:59 PM, Marge Prothman wrote:

            > I have a Hennessy A-Sym, but my fly is Silnylon and there is no right or
            > wrong side,
            > and there sure is not any sticky side. I would ask your dealer what
            > kind of
            > fly you have and I was just assuming you had a Hennessy.
            >
            > Cheers, Marge

            Oh, it's definitely a Hennessey. Got it from Rosaleen at the Ruck.
            Maybe I'll
            take one out of the bag at REI and see what it's like.

            -amy
          • Tom Palmer
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 24 8:24 PM
              Hi Amy,

              I have an expedition and today as I was taking it down, I noticed the
              fly did have a slight stickiness to one side. My fly is symmetrical
              so I will keep the slippery side up so the pollen will stick less,
              hopefully. On your fly can you flip and rotate it to have the same
              coverage and the slippery side up?

              Palmer

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Amy <askowronek@m...> wrote:

              > I got a new A-Symm recently. The fly geometrically seems
              > to fit with the "sticky" side of the fly up. Is that normal? The
              slick
              > side is facing down toward the hammock. I guess it doesn't make
              > any difference with regard to waterproofing, but pollen is sticking
              > it.
              >
              > -amy
            • Amy
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 25 5:10 AM
                On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 11:24 PM, Tom Palmer wrote:

                > Hi Amy,
                >
                > I have an expedition and today as I was taking it down, I noticed the
                > fly did have a slight stickiness to one side. My fly is symmetrical
                > so I will keep the slippery side up so the pollen will stick less,
                > hopefully. On your fly can you flip and rotate it to have the same
                > coverage and the slippery side up?

                Not from what I can tell, sadly.

                -amy