Hammock, Poncho liner, poncho

  • Chamness, David
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2003
      I've been thinking about trying this out next weekend, and then I saw this
      post from Bear. If I used my poncho like an Insulator, and my poncho liner
      tied between as insulation, would it serve as well as a pad for warmth
      underneath? I wouldn't be laying on the poncho liner, but the poncho should
      keep it in light contact with my back.

      I don't really plan on any COLD weather camping, but I want to be realativly
      warm on cool nights. Temps down to, say 55 degrees or so. I just hate what
      a pad does to the comfort of sleeping in the hammock.

      David

      Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:26:04 -0500
      From: "David Chinell" <dchinell@...>
      Subject: RE: Re: D-ring experiment

      Ta HAH! Touche.

      I actually had a lawn n' garden trash bag with me, but it
      was too dark and buggy for me to mess with that as well as
      pinning on the poncho.

      Bear
    • geoflyfisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2003
        Hi David,

        I tried doing this in 32 degree weather, and it was much colder than
        keeping the pad inside and in direct contact. It might be a good
        plan for 50 degree weather, but then just using the insulator alone
        (the pad alone is already proven) may work well enough at this mild
        temperature.

        Rick

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chamness, David"
        <david.chamness@e...> wrote:

        > I've been thinking about trying this out next weekend, and then I
        saw this
        > post from Bear. If I used my poncho like an Insulator, and my
        poncho liner
        > tied between as insulation, would it serve as well as a pad for
        warmth
        > underneath? I wouldn't be laying on the poncho liner, but the
        poncho should
        > keep it in light contact with my back.
        >
        > I don't really plan on any COLD weather camping, but I want to be
        realativly
        > warm on cool nights. Temps down to, say 55 degrees or so. I just
        hate what
        > a pad does to the comfort of sleeping in the hammock.
        >
        > David

        ___