Re: Double sided hammock?

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      Todd-

      Actually, I have good luck with a piece of rubber grippy shelf liner between
      my less-than-fully-inflated Therm-a-Rest (for insulation) and my Hennessy
      hammock bottom.

      Other things you might try include CAREFULLY and strategically sewing some
      elastic straps to the hammock bottom. Some pieces that might resemble the old
      fashioned corner photo holders or just two bands that might secure your
      hammock. Also consider some of the elastic mesh that is turning up on backpacks to
      hold the user's sleeping pad for the pack's back pad.

      Good Luck!

      Rosaleen
      From: "athiker1994" <athiker94@...>
      Subject: Double sided hammock?

      Hello again,

      I am realizing that keeping that foam pad put is a major obstacle to
      a good night's sleep. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to
      sew a second piece on to the bottom. I am thinking about sewing a
      piece of 1.1 oz nylon to the bottom that corresponds to the size of a
      pad with some give. I am assuming one would simply have to lay the pad
      on the bottom where it would usually be and trace a new piece to
      correspond to this layout? Any advice appreciated.

      Happy sleeping.

      Thanks,
      Todd

      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2005
        Search the list about a year ago for information on double bottom
        hammocks. Also, my ZHammock is a double bottom hammock that keeps the
        pad in place pretty well.

        http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm

        Rick