Re: [Hammock Camping] Tyvek for hammock?

  • hiking@westernpa.us
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2005
      > Has anyone tried making a hammock out of tyvek?
      >
      > Just curious. Is it strong enough.
      >
      > todd

      Discussed that here, figured it would be too noisy. Gregg sent me some to
      try, but I haven't had the opportunity (still trying to perfect my hammock
      before I try a tyvek one).

      mike
    • zippydooda
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2005
        Sounds shweaty.

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "athiker1994" <athiker94@g...>
        wrote:
        > Has anyone tried making a hammock out of tyvek?
        >
        > Just curious. Is it strong enough.
        >
        > todd
      • Mirage
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2005
          wrote:
          > Has anyone tried making a hammock out of tyvek?
          >
          > Just curious. Is it strong enough.
          >
          > todd

          Someone I sold some Tyvek to tried it and it failed at the knot where
          he attached the rope. I held for a little bit, but eventually failed.
          I don't have any more details than that, sorry.

          Shane "Mirage"...