Tyvek for hammock?

  • athiker1994
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3 11:10 AM
      Has anyone tried making a hammock out of tyvek?

      Just curious. Is it strong enough.

      todd
    • hiking@westernpa.us
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3 12:15 PM
        > Has anyone tried making a hammock out of tyvek?
        >
        > Just curious. Is it strong enough.
        >
        > todd

        Discussed that here, figured it would be too noisy. Gregg sent me some to
        try, but I haven't had the opportunity (still trying to perfect my hammock
        before I try a tyvek one).

        mike
      • zippydooda
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3 12:26 PM
          Sounds shweaty.

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "athiker1994" <athiker94@g...>
          wrote:
          > Has anyone tried making a hammock out of tyvek?
          >
          > Just curious. Is it strong enough.
          >
          > todd
        • Mirage
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3 4:39 PM
            wrote:
            > Has anyone tried making a hammock out of tyvek?
            >
            > Just curious. Is it strong enough.
            >
            > todd

            Someone I sold some Tyvek to tried it and it failed at the knot where
            he attached the rope. I held for a little bit, but eventually failed.
            I don't have any more details than that, sorry.

            Shane "Mirage"...