Re: Double sided hammock?

  • zippydooda
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      Maybe some of that grippy mesh stuff that goes under rugs and mats?

      Or make your own zhammock like on Risk's site.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "athiker1994" <athiker94@g...>

    • rosaleen43@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2005
        Todd-

        Actually, I have good luck with a piece of rubber grippy shelf liner between
        my less-than-fully-inflated Therm-a-Rest (for insulation) and my Hennessy
        hammock bottom.

        Other things you might try include CAREFULLY and strategically sewing some
        elastic straps to the hammock bottom. Some pieces that might resemble the old
        fashioned corner photo holders or just two bands that might secure your
        hammock. Also consider some of the elastic mesh that is turning up on backpacks to
        hold the user's sleeping pad for the pack's back pad.

        Good Luck!

        Rosaleen

        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2005
          Search the list about a year ago for information on double bottom
          hammocks. Also, my ZHammock is a double bottom hammock that keeps the
          pad in place pretty well.

          http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm

          Rick