Re: Bad trip

  • AndrĂ© Corterier
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      btw, if I understand the concept correctly, hanging something off the
      hammock strap gives the water somewhere else to run when it follows
      gravity - the surface tension of the water keeps it together and sort
      of "sticking" to the strap's surface, while gravity has it slide
      downwards. If downwards leads into your hammock, that's where the water
      will go. Putting any length of any material whatsoever on the strap so
      that downward ends in a dead end before your hammock, the drops will
      accumulate additional drops until the weight of the drop overcomes its
      ability to adhere and will drip down. Under no circumstance should the
      drop reverse direction, climb back up and slide towards your hammock,
      so there should be no need for foot-long lenghts of material.

      So much for theory. In my HH, the snakeskins take care of this issue,
      so I have no actual experience. I'd be interested, however, if anyone
      has tried smaller strings (say, three inches of shoelace) to
      insufficient effect?

      Good luck on converting your husband, Marta. Still working on my wife -
      so far, she won't even try it out. My (nearly four year old) daughter
      was an instant convert, though. I think she'll get an extreme racer
      hammock or similar one-pound getup for her 5th birthday so she can
      carry it herself.

      André

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "marta_clark" <marta_clark@y...>