Re: RE: HH Questions

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 2 12:19 PM
      Shane-

      Agreed with most of what you said-Howled with laughter at the dressing hints!

      As to the head/foot part- I actually prefer to have my feet a bit higher
      than my head, especially after a long day of hiking....

      Another tip on the "leveling" thing. If the Treehuggers are loosley wrapped,
      you should be able to slide them up or down a bit to adjust one end. Also,
      centering the hammock between supporting trees is helpful, here.

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen
      Practice, practice, practice.

      It doesn't have to be perfectly level. Most people like their head a little
      higher than their feet anyway.

      Shane

    • LivNLrn3R@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3 11:11 AM
        Todd,

        I'm trying to picture what you describe, with the snakeskins.

        <<I put my HH "snakeskins" on the fly line, but with the ridgeline outsideĀ
        the
        snake skins. >>

        You have the snakeskins on the HH rainfly, to wrap up the HH with its fly,
        then you have a SECOND ridgeline for the Mac Cat bigger fly? Or ???

        I googled for mac cat tarp and didn't come up with anything. Do you have a
        link?

        I do like the idea of keeping the rainfly out of the way if not needed.

        Becki in CA

      • rosaleen43@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , May 3 6:28 PM
          Becki-

          I can experiment with my HH Asym Backpacker and an Undercover and let you
          know if there seems to be much room left. If you are talking about the Silnylon,
          for now I'd think M-A-Y-B-E. If you are considering the pu coated Hex Fly,
          very likely not. that one is pretty bulky on its own.

          You will need the largest Snakeskins to accomodate the hammock AND Undecover.
          Could you call to order the 'skins and ask the Hennessy crew at the same
          time?

          Rosaleen
          From: LivNLrn3R@...
          Subject: Re: HH Questions

          I'm new here, just nabbed a HH backpacker asym on eBay since it was such a
          good price, more out of curiousity and trying to get a more comfortable sleep
          than any long-planned and researched purchase.

          In the past I've tented with both a Cloudburst and a Brawny Tacoma-for-2...I
          like both tents a lot but I've been through several tries with various pad
          arrangements to stay both warm & a little comfie. My bag is a Marmot Hydrogen
          and
          I sleep with exped weight long johns, fleece socks, fleece hat, etc and STILL
          am cold. Pitiful, I know.

          Regarding the hex fly for more dry room under a hammock, can that still fit
          into the snakeskins when you roll everything up? I was already looking at the
          largest size snakeskin because of getting an undercover and underpad to stay
          warmer. Just curious how much bigger the hex fly is than the standard rainfly.

          Thanks,
          Becki in CA -- very open to a CA hammock hanger get-together!

        • Banjo Doje
          Message 4 of 13 , May 4 4:15 AM
            The snakeskins that fit the Expedition can hold both the hammock, the
            undercover and the overcover although it's pretty tight and you have
            to make sure that you wind it tight before pulling the snakeskins down
            or else you have to start all over. So depending on what size
            snakeskins you have, even if they are smaller, you should be able to
            do both the hammock and the undercover without the overcover. But I'm
            not sure with the Hex Fly - you should contact Tom Hennessy - they are
            GREAT people to talk to.

            Jodi, who's testing the HH Supershelter

            --
            " Everyday I am faced with challenges and I accept those challenges,
            no matter how tough the reality of my life is. I can take it because I
            Message 5 of 13 , May 4 12:56 PM
              The MacCat tarp is made by a guy named Brian MacMillin (hence the
              name). He makes a special catenary cut tarp just for hammocking
              that's very nice. I decided though to go with a "standard" 8x10
              tarp that he also produces.....The website is

              www.outdoorequipmentsupplier.com

              The prices are quite reasonable and the workmanship is outstanding.

              John