Re: Where to put the gear

  • BOBMACDOWELL@WEBTV.NET
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005
      After many trips in my hammock, the learning curve gets smaller and
      smaller. I've been experimenting with ways to keep my gear and have come
      a long way since the first time i put everything in the hammock with me.
      That was a funny night when i woke the next morning and found everything
      on the ground that i threw out one by one until everything was gone.
      Now, my method is simple. I don't want the critters chewing on my vast
      fortune of gear laying on the ground. What i've found is to hang
      everything from an additional ridge line that i originally put up to
      hang clothes on. I have a mac cat tarp. It has a D ring on the ridge
      line anchor points. I use a piece of spectra cord and tie it with a
      bowline knot at one end and a taughntline hitch at the other, to adjust
      the tension. This line stays on the tarp at all times. When i put the
      tarp up it's already there. Then, every thing i carry is in a sylnylon
      sack. Divided into groups. Each sack has it's own little carbineer. The
      lightest ones are at www.backpackinglight.com Each sack is then clipped
      to the ridge line. When i'm sitting in my hammock i can just reach up
      and grab any item i desire. When i'm done with something i reach up and
      clip it to the ridgeline. It's that simple. Just thought i'd throw that
      out to the masses.