RE: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Day Hiking

    Message 1 of 6 , May 2 9:32 AM
      I'm certainly jealous Chuck. Isn't Hutches Pool in Sabino Canyon? I hiked
      Sabino several times & even camped once, but without my hammock. However, I
      do remember the wonderful skinny dipping! Glad to hear your hammock worked
      so well

      Karen & I hope to vacation in southern AZ in Nov-so many great places to
      visit. Is the back road still accessible from Oracle up the north side of
      the Catalinas?..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , May 7 7:00 AM
        Ed,

        Very nice newsletter! I especially liked the excerpt from Backwoods
        Ethics. It is good to know some about our history.
        I am going to do a Google search on Duke Hammock to see if he was a real
        fellow or just a fun creation by the author. It is always fun to learn
        something new.

        Rick

        Message 3 of 6 , May 7 7:05 AM
          Rick wrote:

          > Ed,
          >
          > Very nice newsletter! I especially liked the excerpt from Backwoods
          > Ethics. It is good to know some about our history.
          > I am going to do a Google search on Duke Hammock to see if he was a real
          > fellow or just a fun creation by the author. It is always fun to learn
          > something new.
          >
          > Rick

          Sadly, I could not find anything about Duke Hammock on the net. Does
          the original book have a reference or footnote for the story?

          Message 4 of 6 , May 7 8:07 AM
            None, just that one reference. Never heard the Duke story before myself.
            Glad you like the newsletter Rick...Ed