ZHammock

  • w_pa_hiker
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
      Hey Rick,

      I was looking at the zhammock (still working on "my" version) and had
      a question about the bug net connection. From the knot in the hammock,
      how far up is the d-ring? Guessing about a foot, but wanted to check.
      I figure the distance isn't critical, but also figured there must be
      some minimum to keep the bug net far enough above the hammock to allow
      easy entry and exit.

      thanks

      mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
        Hi Mike,

        Actually, see the link below:

        http://www.imrisk.com/thinline/thinline.htm

        It is a much easier way to attach the netting. It is also a lot easier
        to use a variety of webbing straps that way.

        The distance is actually obtained by the lowering of the hammock caused
        by my weight in the hammock. The netting can be attached right at the
        attachment of the webbing to the hammock.

        Rick