More crummy pictures

  • Matthew Takeda
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
      I finally got the camera out and took a couple of pictures of the hammock
      stand I put together last Fall. The only place I could find to put it up
      today was by the side of the house, which is a kind of cramped, so the
      pictures only really show it from one angle. You can see them at
      <http://photos.yahoo.com/the_joat/> in the hammocks folder. It's made from
      six 2X4s, ten hinges, twelve bolts, 32 washers, 8 nuts, and 4 wingnuts. It
      didn't cost very much to make, because I picked up the hardware at a local
      hardware outlet that was going out of business. Undo the wingnuts and pull
      out the four bolts associated with them and it folds up into a slightly
      bulky bundle. The washers probably weren't necessary, but I used them anyway.

      Matthew Takeda
      the JOAT
    • hiking@westernpa.us
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
        Looks nice, but it's gonna be a bitch to backpack. Better to plant a few
        trees and wait for them to grow. ;-)

        mike