Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Re: Sore losers

  • Edwin Short
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 11:09 AM
      getalife

      rosaleen43@... wrote:Ralph-

      I missed the interim messages.

      Often when the "Damn Yankee" phrase was utilized in front of me, it was good
      natured teasing. I walked and talked too fast for my friends, especially
      shorter ones. It takes years, maybe generations, to develop the inborn sense of
      needing to automatically slow down to protect oneself in a hot southern summer.

      Many Southerners are polite to an extreme. The few who might mutter a
      derrogatory "Damn Yankee!" under their breath but just in earshot are few enough to
      be ignored. I love the South and thoroughly enjoy the company of Southern
      ladies and gentlemen.

      Rosaleen

      From: "zippydooda" <zippydooda@...>
      Subject: Re: Sore losers

      I think it's not so much the defeat, but rather the ongoing difference
      in culture. As Lewis Grizzard said, "you can come down here and marry
      our women and ride our horses and drink our whiskey, but DON'T tell us
      how you used to do it in Cleveland."

      Bill in Houston

      > You'd think after 140 years the'd get tired of being sore losers.
      >
      > Ralph
      >
      > On 4/28/05, rosaleen43@a... <rosaleen43@a...> wrote:
      > > Mike-
      > >
      > > A couple of MA residents showed up at the Hot Springs Campout. An
      > > occasional
      > > bit of drawl, left over from the years I lived in Huntsville, AL,
      might slip
      > > in, but I'm still considered a "Damn Yankee" by most Southerners.
      > >
      > > Rosaleen

      the Gnome of Blue Island
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30 4:56 PM
        On 4/29/05, Edwin Short <shortedwin@...> wrote:
        > getalife

        Hi and welcome.
        Are you new here? Care to tell us a little about your self and your life?

        Ralph