hammock on wonderland trail

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2005
      I'm hiking the wonderland trail this summer. Heard reports hammocks
      were not allowed. Called the ranger station....They were not sure if
      allowed. Has anyone seen or used a hammock on the trail?
      Jeff
    • Dick Matthews
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2005
        I hiked the Wonderland in 2001. Almost all the camps are designated
        sites which require that you set up your tent within X feet of a stake.
        Those sites were not selected with hammocks in mind. The trees at the
        lower elevations can be up to 6 feet in diameter.

        I would call and talk to the Rangers.

        Dick Matthews

        --
        Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.