PDF of Underfly Project Webpage

  • dlfrost_1
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
      Since Gear Collector's webpage on how to use the stock Hennessey
      Hammock tarp as a Garlington insulator seems to be gone, I'm posting
      a PDF archive of the page temporarily. It's about 500k because of
      all the pictures. (I tried uploading to the files area here but the
      size must have made it choke.) If you have any problems accessing
      it, try again later.

      http://members.aol.com/dlfrost/HH_UnderflyProject.pdf

      (Archive note: link is fugitive and will go invalid in about a week.)

      Doug Frost
    • André Corterier
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 27, 2005
        Thank you. Excellent. Saved to disk.

        André

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dlfrost_1" <dlfrost@a...> wrote:

        > Since Gear Collector's webpage on how to use the stock Hennessey
        > Hammock tarp as a Garlington insulator seems to be gone, I'm posting
        > a PDF archive of the page temporarily. It's about 500k because of
        > all the pictures. (I tried uploading to the files area here but the
        > size must have made it choke.) If you have any problems accessing
        > it, try again later.
        >
        > http://members.aol.com/dlfrost/HH_UnderflyProject.pdf
        >
        > (Archive note: link is fugitive and will go invalid in about a week.)
        >
        > Doug Frost
      • jwj32542
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 27, 2005
          Yep, that's the same one I tried posting the link to. Thanks for
          sharing!

          Jeff

          wrote:

          > Since Gear Collector's webpage on how to use the stock Hennessey
          > Hammock tarp as a Garlington insulator seems to be gone, I'm posting
          > a PDF archive of the page temporarily. It's about 500k because of
          > all the pictures. (I tried uploading to the files area here but the
          > size must have made it choke.) If you have any problems accessing
          > it, try again later.
          >
          > http://members.aol.com/dlfrost/HH_UnderflyProject.pdf
          >
          > (Archive note: link is fugitive and will go invalid in about a week.)
          >
          > Doug Frost
        • gear_collector
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 27, 2005
            That missing link was my fault, I didn't realize there was any traffic
            on my underfly project page and removed it. I've put it back at
            http://www.paysheet.com/underfly/underfly.htm in case you're interested.

            It does work fairly well and is a low cost option provided of course
            you have a 2nd rainfly or feel very lucky. The lowest I usually camp
            is 40F so I've gone with a simpler, more versatile, and much less
            bulky strategy using a Big Anges insulated mat (integrated with the BA
            bag so you can't fall off the pad). If I ever do get out more
            frequently in colder temps the JRB Nest or Speer Peapod setups look
            great though!

            Back to periodic lurking...

            David
          • Dan Arnold
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 27, 2005
              After several attempts to unsubscribe (I'm putting my hammock camping on
              hold because I'm buying a sailboat) I've weighed my options.

              I've decided to get myself kicked off for violating the conditions of
              membership. Rather than use foul language, I've decided to SPAM as the
              lesser evil.

              So... Yamaha's FJR is a wonderful motorcycle. Kind of a crotch rocket
              with hard bags and an upright seating position for long distance
              touring. 145 hp on a 600 lb vehicle. It's what BMW wants to be, and for
              less money.

              My Hennessy H fits in a side bag with ease. Go motorcycle camping! Go
              Yamaha!

              BTW, thanks for the tips
            • Banjo Doje
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 27, 2005
                You can't unsubscribe with the instructions at the end of each email??

                Jodi

                --
                " Everyday I am faced with challenges and I accept those challenges,
                no matter how tough the reality of my life is. I can take it because I
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 27, 2005
                  Dan Arnold wrote:

                  > After several attempts to unsubscribe

                  [[R:]]
                  Scroll all the way down to the bottom of any e-mail from this group and
                  look for the bulleted items from Yahoo!.
                  The second bullet point says "To Unsubscribe..."
                  Follow the instructions there.
                  I've left it here for you to see. It's actually pretty easy.

                  -r

                  Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

                • Ray Garlington
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 27, 2005
                    --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dan Arnold <danarnold@c...>
                    wrote:
                    > After several attempts to unsubscribe

                    Dan,

                    Just go to the hammockcamping web page
                    (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping/) and click on the "Edit
                    Membership" link near the top of the page. If you select the no email
                    option, you won't be bothered any more.