Trailfest

  • jack_tier
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 26, 2005
      Had a super time in Hot Springs...since my preveous post attempt must
      have some how failed ( probably hit delete instead of send)... just
      want to restate a thaks to Ed and Karen for hosting the Hang out...
      also the company was super, best part was putting faces to the names
      and hanging out with old friends...

      Jack aka peter_pan
    • marta_clark
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 26, 2005
        Hello, all. I've just joined this group, mostly so I could see the
        pictures of the snow at Trail Fest, and show the folks in my office
        that yes, it really did snow on April 24th, and yes, I was camping out
        in it.

        Thanks, Ed and Karen, for organizing the get-together. I had a great
        time, learned a lot, and had the warmest camping experiences yet this
        year--in spite of the hail, rain, sleet, snow, rising river, and other
        challenges of the weekend.

        Thanks to all who took pictures and posted them.

        And I've learned things from this list already. I had no idea Coy had
        ended up falling out of (through?) his hammock just a few short feet
        from where I was snoozing. I'm sorry I missed that.

        Ciao!
        Marta
      • Coy
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 26, 2005
          welcome to the list marta. So now that you know us and we know you
          (lucky us, poor you) you might as well stick around. Everbody here
          loves to discuss the latest and the greatest in hammocking.
          Speaking of which.

          Wasn't is amazing how everbody slept warm. It wasn't bitter cold
          (I think Jeff heard a report of 37 F) but it was wet, windy, and
          eventually sleet and snow. I think all the cold weather
          experiminting has paid off. There were several types of insulation
          in use but all seemed up to the task. I know I was toasty warm all
          night and heard several comment on how they figgured they were good
          for several more degrees colder. Winter hammocking used to be cool
          (as in my butt is freezing off) but now it is just plain COOL! I
          have no doubt that even better gear development is just around the
          next bend.

          Coy Boy PS we dont like to discuss "gear failure" but in all
          honesty, it is through gear failure that most of the winter success
          came about.

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "marta_clark"

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 26, 2005
            Welcome Marta and glad you got home OK. Hope you can make the next
            campout as well. Same place, June 10-12....Ed

          • PUDSCRAWLER@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 27 3:29 PM
              POG,

              Are you and Ed going to be at Trailfest? I'm very excited about finally
              getting to try my hammock but prefer to make my mistakes in front of people who
              can correct me.

              You were missed at the SO RUCK.

              Sawnie
              (Kinnickinic)

            • karens62@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28 7:26 AM
                Ed and I will be definitely be hosting the Hammock Hanger campout at Hot Springs the weekend of Trailfest - details are posted here: http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsApr06.htmoon

                We probably won't linger as long as we normally would on Sunday because we leave Sunday evening for our trip to the Galapagos Islands! I can't think of a better way to start a vacation than hanging out with the rest of you!

                For those of you who won't be at Trailfest, we'll have pictures at Trail Days!

                Karen

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 28 7:32 AM
                  In a message dated 2/28/2006 10:30:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                  karens62@... writes:

                  > Ed and I will be definitely be hosting the Hammock Hanger campout at Hot
                  > Springs the weekend of Trailfest

                  Good!

                  Sawnie