Spill him, I mean Spill it

  • zippydooda
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2005
      Coy, cough it up. How did you end up rolling on the ground shortly
      after trying out your new hammock?

      Bill in Houston
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "zippydooda"
        <zippydooda@y...> wrote:

        > Coy, cough it up. How did you end up rolling on the ground
        shortly
        > after trying out your new hammock?
        >
        > Bill in Houston

        OK Bill, your right but no shanagins going on. a bear took a swipe
        at me, missed but ripped the hammock. I suspect it was the same
        bear Suess fed. It didnt look to happy.

        diging a little deeper....I made my hammock one day last week...Tues
        I think, had to work on Thur and it stormed Wed and Fri so I never
        got a chance to try it out. Of couse I was also working on bag
        modifications as well (with the wife doing most of the work). So I
        finised up a report due for BGT late Friday night...packed for my
        trip and went to bed late...12ish...couldnt sleep...Cody came in at
        3AM but I was done up..I was on the road at 3:15 AM. Fought sleep
        the hole ride up but felt pretty good once i got there and stired
        around. Checked out all the hammocks, talked gear, walked to town
        with Youngblood to check out Trail Fest and the gear shop etc. So
        bout 3 PM I decided to take a nap. But just as i was ready to drift
        off I heard a strange noise. I thought maybe Seuss was scratching
        my hammock with a stick (he has a bad habit of pestering me) I was
        too tired to open my eyes and check though. By then I realized it
        was my hammock tearing. It was real slow at first. I could hear a
        stich break. I had my bags pulled over me so I quickly started
        pushing them down for an exit. The extra movment semed to accelerate
        the tearing. By the time I had the bags out of the way I was
        rooling out of the hammock onto the ground. I manage to land on my
        hands and feet so only my socks got wet. I calmly went and got my
        spare out of the truck and was back in buisness in a few minutes.

        Coy Boy
      • zippydooda
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26, 2005
          So the swipe by the bear ;-) weakened a seam running crossways on
          your hammock body?

          Sounds like you made a very graceful dismount. Glad it wasn't in the
          middle of the night...

          Bill in Houston