The Travel Hammock

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2005
      The Travel Hammock might be suitable for some camping uses, allthough
      it dosen't have a bugnet or rain canopy. The link is:

      www.thetravelhammock.com

      This hammock might have already been mentioned on the list, but the
      owner just contacted me and brought it to my attention. I will be
      adding The Travel Hammock to the lists in my newsletters....Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      Owner, Speer Hammocks
    • kaiserkm1212
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2005
        Hello, fellow hammock people!! Thank you Ed for posting me...this is
        a great thing!!

        I have been selling hammocks for 3 years. We started with the
        Parachute-Nylon Hammocks, which are the best hammocks around!! Over
        the years we have added our UltraLight line of hammocks, which are e
        similar to the Byer of Maine Hammocks, but a lot more updated.

        Please feel free to browse our website www.thetravelhammock.com We
        are in the process of making a new one! On our website you will find
        all of our hammocks and other products.

        Our price range for our hammocks is $19.99-$45.99.

        Since starting my company, I have slept over 200 nights in my
        hammocks. I have been everywhere from Bali/Thailand to most
        campgrounds in the US. I am sure all of you know, but sleeping in a
        hammock is the only way to go! I personally like sleeping in the
        Double Travel Hammock..the extra room is worth it.

        We currently are working on a Mos. Net and Tarp ( we had them, but
        were not happy with them). We hope to have some new products this
        fall.

        We hang our hammocks using the lightest and most cost effective
        way. Our hammock hanging kit consists of 2 10ft pieces 4.5mm
        climbing rope....and for a cheap price. Are rope kits are pre-
        knotted, to ensure perfect hammock hanging.

        I have also noticed a lot of talk about keeping warm in a hammock.
        Please look at our Silk Sleeping Bag Liners, which we invented
        striclly for the hammock. It adds 10-12 degrees of warmth, perfect
        for those hot nights.

        We will be at TrailDays from May 13-15 in Damascus, VA, everyone
        feel free to drop by and hang out!!

        Looking forward to some nice discussions.

        Kevin
      • Marie-NoĆ«lle Augendre
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25, 2005
          I own two of these Single Travel Hammock, bought in two different places in
          France, and under two different trade marks. I use one at home on a daily
          basis, and have rigged the other one with 'a la Speer' webbing straps, snake
          skins, and a bugnet (still not completely satisfied with this one...)
          The parachute nylon (silk like) is very comfortable, and strong too: during
          my last backpacking trip, I happened to sleep just over (on) a branch that I
          didn't feel through my mattress, and have damaged the fabric quite a bit; as
          it was my first (of ten) nights on the trail, I was very annoyed and try to
          patch it with some kind of strong elastic bandage (Elastoplast in France),
          but it wouldn't stay put, perhaps because of the waterproofing treatment I'd
          made before leaving. Anyway, the hammock succeeded in carrying me during the
          remaining nights without any further problem.
          For the future, I'm still wondering whether I'll by an other one (only 22
          EUR at the dealer closest home) or put a patch on the damaged area (the
          little self-storing pocket provides enough fabric, and haven't been used
          since I made the snake skins). Do you think sewing a patch could weaken the
          hammock?
          Marie-Noelle

          2005/4/25, Ed Speer <ed@...>:

          > The Travel Hammock might be suitable for some camping uses, allthough
          > it dosen't have a bugnet or rain canopy. The link is:
          >
          > www.thetravelhammock.com <http://www.thetravelhammock.com/>
          >
          > This hammock might have already been mentioned on the list, but the
          > owner just contacted me and brought it to my attention. I will be
          > adding The Travel Hammock to the lists in my newsletters....Ed
          >
          > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
          > Owner, Speer Hammocks

          Retrouvez mes billets d'humeur,
          et les liens vers mes pages persos
          (livre d'or, photos, articles, etc.) sur :
          http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/