Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 843

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2005
      Jamie-

      I slipped a blue foam pad betweeen the open cell foam of the Undercover and
      my hammock, then slept in my undies (At 55 I'm able to tell it like it is
      without blushing, so forget it!) with my Nunatuck BCB over me. It was raining, so
      it was above freezing, but it was cold and DID snow the next night in Hot
      Springs. I'm wondering how closely your fly is battened down? If the fly is
      closed up with just enough vent to keep the condensation from the ridiculous
      point, my hammock seems quite warm. I think I even had the BCB kicked off a lot of
      the time. (Maybe it's the hot flashes???)

      I do think most probably need more than the open cell to get below 50 F
      comfortably. Did you add the space blanket? That does seem to help. I've not
      done enough experimenting to give much advice, yet, but will start working on it.

      Rosaleen
      From: "chcoa" <jdeben@...>
      Subject: Re: Closed cell pad condensation woes

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jmgiv47" <jmgarberson@h...>
      wrote:

      > I've found that when I have a light fleece cover over my pad I don't
      > get noticeable condensaton (I think I got this idea from Sgt Rock's
      > site). The fleece throw I use is from Campmor and weighs 13oz.
      john

      I've considered fleece too but thought it would more heavy than I
      need. I may end up having to do this though.

      jamie