cool down

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2005
      Anybody seen the long range forecast for this weekend. Be
      prepaired.

      lately the lows have been around 45 to 50. i was just watchin the
      weather and saturday night the expected low is 36. This is for
      Northeast Al. I am planning (hoping)on attending the SEHHA in Hot
      Springs NC. I wonder if it wont be even cooler in the mountains. I
      was planning on using my newly modified Slumberjack Ultimate but I
      think this may be too cold for it sans a pad.

      I guess i better take a pad just in case. Cody is going also. I
      wanted to fix another bag for him the same way but i am lery with
      down. I will hopefully find a seamstress to tackle the job. sew it
      on both sides close together then cut off the hood and sew some kind
      of 'button hole" type cutout at the foot end. My experimenting
      shows i need a slit about 4 inches for the hammock to pass through.

      Coy Boy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2005
        Hot Springs Long Term Forecast:

        Friday
        Cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Breezy with highs in
        the mid 60s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

        Friday Night
        Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Breezy with
        lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 50 percent.

        Saturday
        Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the
        morning...then scattered showers in the afternoon. Breezy with highs in
        the upper 50s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

        Saturday Night
        Mostly cloudy with scattered rain showers in the evening...then partly
        cloudy after midnight. *Breezy*. Cooler with lows in the *mid 30s*.
        Chance of rain 30 percent.

        Sunday
        Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s.

        Sounds like good weather to test cool weather sleeping.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20, 2005
          With this forecast I may be using one of my tarps like in some of
          these photos I just added: http://tinyurl.com/ccoxg . Looks like
          winter is going to give us at least one more shot.

          Youngblood

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20, 2005
            Coy, sounds like this weekend will be a bit cooler than it has been lately.
            The weather service says: Fri 75/51, Sat 57/37 and Sun 55/37 with 30-40%
            chance of rain Sat & Sun. That's about the same as our campouts for the
            past two years! Better bring that extra pad! Maybe this will be one last
            chance to test those cold-weather hammock setups!

            We have about 15 confirmed campers and several day visitors already.
            Expecting another 15 or so as well-so it should be a great get together...Ed

            _____

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> of Service.