Re: Newbie

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 11, 2005
      That is some neat stuff.

      Youngblood

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "w_pa_hiker" <hiking@w...>
      > wrote:
      > > Double layer? Guessing...rip-stop outer, foam in the middle,
      > something
      > > else up against you? What would that innermost layer be?
      >
      > Risk's: http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm
      >
      > Mine: http://www.geocities.com/jwj32542/HomemadeGear.html
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 12, 2005

        > That is some neat stuff.

        Risk makes lots of neat stuff.

        I just came up with an idea for a "Bottom Entry Speer" that I'm
        halfway through with.

        I'll post it when I'm done. I think it'll weigh more than both the HH
        and Speer, but it's just a prototype at this point.

        Jeff
      • zippydooda
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 15, 2005
          Great site. You look like a fun Dad. I just started getting my kids
          into backpacking (we've been car camping for a while) and I hope to
          have some great adventures.

          Bill in Houston

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005

            > Great site. You look like a fun Dad. I just started getting my
            kids
            > into backpacking (we've been car camping for a while) and I hope to
            > have some great adventures.

            Thanks...once I get more info on there, I'll worry about dressing it
            up to look nice. Right now I just add stuff as I can.

            Kids are so much fun to hike and camp with. Just by their curiosity,
            everything I didn't know I took for granted pops out at me when they
            notice something new.

            Hope your kids enjoy it as much as mine!

            Jeff