RE: [Hammock Camping] Adjustable knotless hanging

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11 1:22 PM
      The one I built used the large aluminum gear rings from REI on one end and a
      small ring as you described on the other. I just sewed them on with a loop
      and bar tack. I used 2" polypro webbing because is is lighter, hydrophobic,
      and has minimum stretch. The small ring would pass through the large ring. I
      used two Kong medium sized gear caribiners on the hammock so I could just
      clip it on the rings.

      To adjust it I just kept sliding the strap around the tree like a barber
      pole. I was using it on a Hennessy so it didn't have to be super tight. My
      weight caused the strap to bight on the tree.

      The only problem I had was with pine trees. The pine pitch made it mildly
      difficult to "barber pole" the strap around the tree due to it's stickiness.
      Unfortunately, pine trees are what we have most...lol.

      But it does definitely work well for someone as lazy as I am.... ;o)

      Jerry

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11 6:39 PM
        Pictures? Having a hard time visualizing.

        mike
      • Jerry Goller
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11 6:43 PM
          From who...me?

          Jerry

          Pictures? Having a hard time visualizing.

          mike

          _____

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • w_pa_hiker
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11 7:03 PM
            From David

            mike

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller" <jerrygoller@b...> wrote:
            > From who...me?
            >
            > Jerry
            >

            > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the
            > most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

          • David Chinell
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 12 6:05 AM
              Whether he means Jerry or me (Bear) can anyone point me to
              instructions for posting pictures? I took some quick shots
              this morning with a cheapie little add-on to my Palm. They
              might help.

              Bear