Hammock Camping in the Backyard

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2005
      I just spent the night with my twin 7 yo grandkids hammock camping in
      the backyard. It went fine, the kids (Jason and Priscilla) did great.
      I set up the three hammocks with one common tree and to three other
      trees in a spoke like arrangement. This was their first time sleeping
      outside and it was a great night for it. Clear skies, a low of 55 and
      the skitters aren't out. We got dewed on a little bit but it wasn't a
      big deal... just had to explain what it was. Priscilla absolutely
      loved; being suspended above the ground watching fireflies in the trees
      and airplanes fly over. I could reach her hammock rope and rock her;
      the boy liked hanging over the side and rocking himself. I knew the
      girl had fallen asleep when she didn't asked to be rocked anymore...
      only took about a half hour and they were both out for the night.

      Yeah hanging out in the trees outback rocking the grandkids to sleep...
      waking up to the song birds... pretty nice night... and I see the
      Braves won again.

      Youngblood