Trailfest site sharing?

  • Deborah Fick Sherman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2005
      Greetings from a NC woman hiker, and a convert to the Hennessy
      Hammock. I have
      visited here before, a while ago, but now I am looking for someone
      who might want to
      share their hammock hanging site at Trailfest with a middle aged lady
      hiker. I understand
      that there is a section set aside for hammocks, but I expect that at
      this late date they are
      taken. I'm not sure how this would work, but I am willing to share
      expenses and bring
      home made goodies to share as well. Does anyone know the details?
      Feel free to contact
      me off line if you have any ideas.
      Thanks,
      Debby, aka Moonbeam
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2005
        Moonbeam, we should have plenty of room at TraiFest05-hope to see you there.
        I've reserved a group campsite w/ about 10 hammock setups in trees and will
        have 6 extra stands w/ me. There is plenty of room for those who bring
        their own stands (recommended if you have one). In addition, JD has
        reserved an adjacent campsite, but suitable trees there may be limited. If
        we run out of trees at the campsites, we can always head to the woods
        nearby. We always set up a large canopy over a picnic table so we can all
        eat out of the weather. Will have a fire going all weekend-am bringing
        plenty of firewood. Bring a folding chair for campfire socializing. There
        is plenty of parking. Ask for the hammock group when you arrive or look for
        us at the first campsite beside the river. If you arrive mid-day, we might
        all be at the festival in town-a 3 minute walk away. Karen & I will be
        there Friday afternoon til mid-day Sunday.

        .Ed

        Moderator Hammock Camping List

        Owner Speer Hammocks

        _____