Re: Space All-weather Blanket

  • jmellis01
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2005
      I had the same one or a very similar model. I ended up using it
      as a ground cloth more than anything else. The material is pretty
      tough but it's even stiffer than tyvex. I think an extra thermal
      top/bottom and a hat would be a better option for a chilly night than
      this blanket. The material is so stiff you really have to wrap it
      tight to keep from bellowing out all your accumulated heat.
      I saw the other post about the thermolite bivy. I picked up one
      of those on a clearance rack to keep in the car. I tried using it in
      freezing weather with a lightweight bag inside. Even with the vent I
      had the opposite problem that I couldn't ventilate it very well so
      everything was pretty clammy but warm.

      Just my $.02
      John

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "schrochem" <schrochem@g...>