HH Ultralite Backpacker A-Sym Life Expectency

  • Nathaniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2003
      Just curious as to how long a person has used the same Hennessy
      Hammock and the life expectency I can expect from the Ultralite
      Backpacker A-Sym. Lots of factors, of course, but in general.

      Thanks,

      Nathaniel
    • starnescr
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2003
        With good care, a long time. Longer than a tent IMHO because it
        dont touch the ground. Likely wear points are the slit where it
        meets in the center of the bottom. Tree Hugger and end ropes might
        eventially need replaced. Fly might get ripped if a wind storm blew
        debries on it. I've been using an original for over 2 years and it
        still looks new. I dont get out more then a few times a month
        usually but this is year round. I'm guessing I've used it around 20
        times. Been testing 2 Crazy Cribs over this same period for BGT
        which has cut into my HH time. Paul has a Ultralite Backpacker and
        lived in it a couple of months this past summer. He said it held up
        fine. Hope this helps.

        Coy Boy