Space All-weather Blanket

  • schrochem
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7 9:50 AM
      Has anyone used one of these
      http://tinyurl.com/4e6pf

      I will eventually make or buy and underquilt but the season for that
      has passed. I was thinking of this blanket instead of a pad for
      slightly chilly nights.
      comments?
      Scott
    • jmellis01
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8 8:59 AM
        I had the same one or a very similar model. I ended up using it
        as a ground cloth more than anything else. The material is pretty
        tough but it's even stiffer than tyvex. I think an extra thermal
        top/bottom and a hat would be a better option for a chilly night than
        this blanket. The material is so stiff you really have to wrap it
        tight to keep from bellowing out all your accumulated heat.
        I saw the other post about the thermolite bivy. I picked up one
        of those on a clearance rack to keep in the car. I tried using it in
        freezing weather with a lightweight bag inside. Even with the vent I
        had the opposite problem that I couldn't ventilate it very well so
        everything was pretty clammy but warm.

        Just my $.02
        John

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "schrochem" <schrochem@g...>