Re: [Hammock Camping] Hang in the center?

  • zippydooda
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
      Yeah, exactly. Foot end a little closer to a tree, or just hung a
      little higher.

      Bill in Houston

      <dchinell@m...> wrote:
      > No, no, no. What was I thinking. The foot would go closer to
      > a tree than the head.
      >
      > Sorry, not enough coffee to think clearly yet.
      >
      > Bear

    • schrochem
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
        Thanks for the responses.
        Yes I definitely like the head end lower. I have a HH UL explorer and
        it says 13-26'between trees. I understand this is all by feel but I
        usually don't know until I am well into a slumber. I noticed in
        Mirage's photo folder, pic "Hammock between far trees" that is quite a
        bit offset. Is this in just the extreme cases of distance, say 20-26'
        for me?
        Thanks again,
        Scott

        > Yeah, exactly. Foot end a little closer to a tree, or just hung a
        > little higher.
        >
        > Bill in Houston
      • zippydooda
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
          Ya, that picture is referring to a whole different concept.

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "schrochem" <schrochem@g...>