Re: [Hammock Camping] Hang in the center?

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
      No, no, no. What was I thinking. The foot would go closer to
      a tree than the head.

      Sorry, not enough coffee to think clearly yet.

      Bear

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
        Yeah, exactly. Foot end a little closer to a tree, or just hung a
        little higher.

        Bill in Houston

        <dchinell@m...> wrote:
        > No, no, no. What was I thinking. The foot would go closer to
        > a tree than the head.
        >
        > Sorry, not enough coffee to think clearly yet.
        >
        > Bear

      • schrochem
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
          Thanks for the responses.
          Yes I definitely like the head end lower. I have a HH UL explorer and
          it says 13-26'between trees. I understand this is all by feel but I
          usually don't know until I am well into a slumber. I noticed in
          Mirage's photo folder, pic "Hammock between far trees" that is quite a
          bit offset. Is this in just the extreme cases of distance, say 20-26'
          for me?
          Thanks again,
          Scott

          > Yeah, exactly. Foot end a little closer to a tree, or just hung a
          > little higher.
          >
          > Bill in Houston
        • zippydooda
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
            Ya, that picture is referring to a whole different concept.

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "schrochem" <schrochem@g...>