Re: Mosquitto netting for all seasons

  • dlfrost_1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Francois" <franczazou@h...>
      wrote:
      > Hi everyone! I'm working on a netting hammock I'll be using to
      hold
      > insulation under the hammock during cold nights and would double as
      > mosquitto netting during warm buggy nights. I'll be testing it
      this
      > afternoon but I'm not sure about how to secure it on the sides of
      the
      > main hammock... clips, velcro, a simple drawstring elastic,
      gravity??

      I bet that ultralite nylon (like the stuff sold at kite-making sites)
      would work better for containing insulation as it would help keep air
      currents away from it.

      You might consider the two kinds of mesh netting sold in the fabric
      section of WalMart. The more open kind, labeled "Nylon Mesh" looks
      good for holding up stuff. The smaller stuff might work for bug
      netting. It's smaller and lighter than something you could make by
      hand I expect.

      Doug Frost