Mosquitto netting for all seasons

  • Francois
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
      Hi everyone! I'm working on a netting hammock I'll be using to hold
      insulation under the hammock during cold nights and would double as
      mosquitto netting during warm buggy nights. I'll be testing it this
      afternoon but I'm not sure about how to secure it on the sides of the
      main hammock... clips, velcro, a simple drawstring elastic, gravity??

      Have you tried this setup before??

      I'll write a report of my experiments soon, happy hammocking!!
      -Franc
    • dlfrost_1
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Francois" <franczazou@h...>
        wrote:
        > Hi everyone! I'm working on a netting hammock I'll be using to
        hold
        > insulation under the hammock during cold nights and would double as
        > mosquitto netting during warm buggy nights. I'll be testing it
        this
        > afternoon but I'm not sure about how to secure it on the sides of
        the
        > main hammock... clips, velcro, a simple drawstring elastic,
        gravity??

        I bet that ultralite nylon (like the stuff sold at kite-making sites)
        would work better for containing insulation as it would help keep air
        currents away from it.

        You might consider the two kinds of mesh netting sold in the fabric
        section of WalMart. The more open kind, labeled "Nylon Mesh" looks
        good for holding up stuff. The smaller stuff might work for bug
        netting. It's smaller and lighter than something you could make by
        hand I expect.

        Doug Frost