Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: FS - Golite Gust Pack

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2005
      If only it was a medium black ;)

      I do have a question though for hammock related matters.
      Has anyone used/found a lightwieght mesh hammock that can be hung to store
      gear in?

      It struck me that this is probably a better way to store packs, boots, etc,
      that I usually hang in different spots.

      TV
    • schrochem
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2005
        > It struck me that this is probably a better way to store packs,
        boots, etc,
        > that I usually hang in different spots.

        Thomas,
        Ray made an "equipment hammock"
        which I think I might do myself
        http://www.garlington.biz/Ray/SilkHammock/
        scroll down

        Scott
      • dlfrost_1
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Vickers"
          <redroach@e...> wrote:
          > I do have a question though for hammock related matters.
          > Has anyone used/found a lightwieght mesh hammock that can be hung
          to store
          > gear in?
          >
          > It struck me that this is probably a better way to store packs,
          boots, etc,
          > that I usually hang in different spots.

          Coughan (sp?) brand minature "gear-loft" forest green hammocks are
          commonly sold in lots of places. Campmor certainly will have it if
          your local WalMart or sporting goods place doen't.

          A cheap mesh bag might be nice so you can hang your boots
          separately. (Discount stores have these sometimes.) They're also
          good for bearbaging--it holds a rock for throwing over a tree limb,
          and stows the rope when you pack up.

          Doug Frost