Re: [Hammock Camping] Hey Ed

  • ghman777
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
      Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
      stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
      seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
      ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
      it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
      shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
      dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
      winter.

      > Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
      > practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole
      lot of
      > work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in
      case
      > you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so
      I can't
      > accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or
      $40 off
      > the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for
      customers
      > wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old
      item to
      > get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to
      Goodwill)..Ed

      > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
      >
      > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      >
      > _____

      Thanx,
      > Bill
      >

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@s...> wrote:
      > >
      > > For all you DIY types, Speer Hammocks now has very high quality
      900
      > > fill power goose down for sale in 3 ounce bags for only $25.00!
      This

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
        I see Bill. I think it would be very difficult since down and synthetic
        garments are quilted entirely different. And like you suspect, any added
        down would probably get crushed by the heavier synthetic insulation already
        in the bag. It would be quite an undertaking that I doubt I could talk my
        seamstress into trying! .Ed

        _____

        Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
        stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
        seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
        ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
        it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
        shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
        dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
        winter.

        > Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
        > practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole
        lot of
        > work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in
        case
        > you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so
        I can't
        > accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or
        $40 off
        > the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for
        customers
        > wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old
        item to
        > get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to
        Goodwill)..Ed

        > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
        >
        > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
        >
        > _____

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pk8jcs/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112295291/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
        etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

        :HM/A=2593423/rand=933601891>

        _____

      • rosaleen43@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
          Ed-

          Thanks for the fast response.

          I have yet to work with creating anything with down. I have a (very nice
          although second-hand) Nunatuk Backcountry Blanket and was lucky enough a few
          years ago to get a Montbell liner jacket through a pehnomenal sale. I'm thinking
          I need a down hat/hood. One small bag of down should do it.

          Cheers!

          Rosaleen
          From: rosaleen43@...
          Subject: Re: 900 fill down available

          Hi, Ed-

          How many items from your sales list are you bringing to Trailfest? Some of
          the down, I hope!

          Rosaleen

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
            Rosaleen, I'll have a bag for you at Hot Springs..Ed

            _____

            From: rosaleen43@...

            Hi, Ed-

            How many items from your sales list are you bringing to Trailfest? Some of
            the down, I hope!

            Rosaleen

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299mbee1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112309678/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
            etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

            :HM/A=2593423/rand=842835211>

            _____