RE: [Hammock Camping] Hey Ed

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
      Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
      practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole lot of
      work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in case
      you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so I can't
      accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or $40 off
      the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for customers
      wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old item to
      get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to Goodwill)..Ed

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
        Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
        stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
        seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
        ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
        it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
        shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
        dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
        winter.

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
          I see Bill. I think it would be very difficult since down and synthetic
          garments are quilted entirely different. And like you suspect, any added
          down would probably get crushed by the heavier synthetic insulation already
          in the bag. It would be quite an undertaking that I doubt I could talk my
          seamstress into trying! .Ed

          _____

          Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
          stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
          seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
          ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
          it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
          shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
          dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
          winter.

          > Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
          > practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole
          lot of
          > work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in
          case
          > you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so
          I can't
          > accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or
          $40 off
          > the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for
          customers
          > wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old
          item to
          > get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to
          Goodwill)..Ed

          > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
          >
          > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
          >
          > _____

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pk8jcs/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112295291/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
          etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

          :HM/A=2593423/rand=933601891>

          _____

        • rosaleen43@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
            Ed-

            Thanks for the fast response.

            I have yet to work with creating anything with down. I have a (very nice
            although second-hand) Nunatuk Backcountry Blanket and was lucky enough a few
            years ago to get a Montbell liner jacket through a pehnomenal sale. I'm thinking
            I need a down hat/hood. One small bag of down should do it.

            Cheers!

            Rosaleen
            From: rosaleen43@...
            Subject: Re: 900 fill down available

            Hi, Ed-

            How many items from your sales list are you bringing to Trailfest? Some of
            the down, I hope!

            Rosaleen

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
              Rosaleen, I'll have a bag for you at Hot Springs..Ed

              _____

              From: rosaleen43@...

              Hi, Ed-

              How many items from your sales list are you bringing to Trailfest? Some of
              the down, I hope!

              Rosaleen

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299mbee1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112309678/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
              etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

              :HM/A=2593423/rand=842835211>

              _____