RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: 900 fill down available

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
      Rosaleen, I have to re-bag the down, so let me know what you want and I will
      bring it with me. Will also have some Hammocks and 700 down PeaPods & Top
      Blankets. But the 900 down is so new, we don't have an inventory of items
      made with it yet-everything ordered will have to be custom made (1-2
      weeks).Ed

      _____

      From: "Ed Speer" <ed@...>
      Subject: 900 fill down available

      For all you DIY types, Speer Hammocks now has very high quality 900
      fill power goose down for sale in 3 ounce bags for only $25.00! This
      limited availability offering is part of my efforts to support our
      hammock camping community with the finest quality materials and
      products I can find.

      In addition, we now offer our PeaPods and Top Blankets with the new 900
      down option! Imagine even greater warmth for the same weight as our
      regular +700 items! Prices will be posted later today.

      Check it out at: http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/PRODUCTLINK2.htm

      Happy Hammocking
      ....Ed
      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pbsdle/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
      oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112226185/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
      etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

      :HM/A=2593423/rand=685584610>

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
        Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
        practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole lot of
        work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in case
        you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so I can't
        accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or $40 off
        the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for customers
        wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old item to
        get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to Goodwill)..Ed

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        _____

        I have one of your synthetic Pea Pods. Do you think it is feasible to
        add down to it considering the design you have with this one? Thanx,
        Bill

        > For all you DIY types, Speer Hammocks now has very high quality 900
        > fill power goose down for sale in 3 ounce bags for only $25.00! This
        > limited availability offering is part of my efforts to support our
        > hammock camping community with the finest quality materials and
        > products I can find.
        >
        > In addition, we now offer our PeaPods and Top Blankets with the new
        900
        > down option! Imagine even greater warmth for the same weight as our
        > regular +700 items! Prices will be posted later today.
        >
        > Check it out at:
        http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/PRODUCTLINK2.htm

        > Happy Hammocking
        > ....Ed
        > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
        > Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      • ghman777
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
          Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
          stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
          seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
          ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
          it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
          shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
          dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
          winter.

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
            I see Bill. I think it would be very difficult since down and synthetic
            garments are quilted entirely different. And like you suspect, any added
            down would probably get crushed by the heavier synthetic insulation already
            in the bag. It would be quite an undertaking that I doubt I could talk my
            seamstress into trying! .Ed

            _____

            Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
            stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
            seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
            ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
            it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
            shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
            dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
            winter.

            > Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
            > practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole
            lot of
            > work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in
            case
            > you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so
            I can't
            > accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or
            $40 off
            > the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for
            customers
            > wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old
            item to
            > get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to
            Goodwill)..Ed

            > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
            >
            > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
            >
            > _____

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pk8jcs/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112295291/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
            etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

            :HM/A=2593423/rand=933601891>

            _____

          • rosaleen43@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
              Ed-

              Thanks for the fast response.

              I have yet to work with creating anything with down. I have a (very nice
              although second-hand) Nunatuk Backcountry Blanket and was lucky enough a few
              years ago to get a Montbell liner jacket through a pehnomenal sale. I'm thinking
              I need a down hat/hood. One small bag of down should do it.

              Cheers!

              Rosaleen

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
                Rosaleen, I'll have a bag for you at Hot Springs..Ed

                _____

                From: rosaleen43@...

                Hi, Ed-

                How many items from your sales list are you bringing to Trailfest? Some of
                the down, I hope!

                Rosaleen

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299mbee1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
                oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112309678/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                :HM/A=2593423/rand=842835211>

                _____